Monday, June 15, 2009

E3 2009 Thoughts

Like I promised I will give my take on some of the stuff shown on E3. I wasn't there for E3 so I can't really do a full fledged review or recap. But I can at least go from what I have read about what was shown at E3. And yes I have read up what went on at E3.

Motion Controls on all systems - Microsoft and Sony saw Nintendo's success with the Wii motion and come up with their own answer. In the meantime Nintendo improves.

Project Natal seems to have some promise. The game tracking your body movements as well and facial expression all without a gamepad is pretty damn impressive. Sony wand controller seems okay but I think Natal is steps beyond Sony's motion control. Nintendo Wii already have motion control but Wii motion plus will make it even better so they should be phased out instantly.

One advantage Nintendo has is that the with Wii customers will not have to pay too much for the Motion Plus but I can't imagine 360 and PS3 users can't won't be that lucky. The PS wand needs the eye camera just to work. Xbox 360 was originally not made for motion control meaning that all the motion control guts will be inside that Natal device. Not gonna be cheap.

Fight Night Round 4 has made Best of E3 Winner for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and overall sports categories. I have been waiting for this game and I will certainly enjoy the hell out of it. I downloaded the free demo and played a few matches. I like what they did with the controls and what know. The knockdown recover will take some getting used to. I will definitely look forward to this game.

I played the first Red Steel it was nothing worth doin cartwheels over. But seeing the video and reading brief reviews, Red Steel 2 improves in virtually every way possible. And yes, this game does have Wii Motion Plus.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is making a comeback via Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network. It will be nice to relive the glory days. It's direct decendant Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, the game many thought would never see a realease outside of Japan will finally hit the US late 2009. It'll be great ladies and gentlemen.

Metroid M was announced. It's gonna be made by Team Ninja. That calls for a lot of hype. But one thing people are forgetting is that key person Tomonobu Itagaki is not in the company. In fact, a lot of the people who were staffed with Tomonobu Itagaki bounced. Don't get me wrong, I hope this becomes a good game, but it's impossible for me to see this game as another Star Fox Assault but with an E3 Trailer.

There have been many game introduced during E3 so. Madden 10 as in (2010), Bayonetta, Halo 3 ODST, Mordern Warfare 2, Wii Sports Resort, God of War 3, Milo. Lots of them. If I wrote about each game this post would never end.

Hopefully I can actually go to E3 for myself and give a proper review of everything that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment