Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not so good

The last few days just had not gone my way at all. Not to sound to misirable but they were quite bad.

For starters my phone died. It was washed with the laundry. I pretty much NEED my cell phone so it was quite a frustration to loose it.

Also, my arcade stick for Street Fighter IV went broke. A wire snapped when I was changing the screws. I managed to salvage the Sanwa parts but I can't get any good practice at home. So I'm have to settle for whatever outside practice I can get.

I supposed all this bad momentum was what did me in in Battlefield Arcadia 3. I played Ken and lost to two straight boxers. My trademark jittery reflexes left me open to too much in both matches.

On top of doing bad in the tournament, I played lousy in my exhibition match against fellow Empire member Noel. When I lost a game and changed my character, Noel changed his. Winner players changing characters for the next game was not something I agreed upon. I knew he was screwin' with me. I managed to win one game but I lost in game 4. Triforce told me I though I was gonna bring it to a fith match at the end. I pretty much agreed.

The results of the tournament can be found on http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=206522. Some of the matches will be on youtube as well. Will link to that a bit later when some more gets posted.

I'm pretty much taking a break from SF4 until I can get a replacement arcade stick. Might take me a while though, but I think I can take the losses and correct my play to do better next time around and hopefully I will be in a better mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment