Sunday, March 8, 2009

RLW Blogs Update (March 8, 2009)

The last few day have been interesting on a few point. Did a few thing. Found out about a few things.

I'm have been playing Gears of War 2 for a month now. I'm not claiming to be an expert but I do think I have improved fairly considering my experience. When somebody asked why didn't my rank have yet to improve. Personally I don't really believe in online ranking systems but whatever.

I went to Brooklyn for to play Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV. I spent some time in training more to practice Ryu's Shoryuken then EX Focus Dash into Ultra Combo. I keep trying it but my left hand keeps on messing up on the fireball motions. I kept on doing Dragon Punch -> EX Focus Dash Cancel -> EX Fireball... Dragon Punch -> EX Focus Dash Cancel -> EX Dragon Punch... The closest I got was a finish with a Super Combo, something that can't be done in a real SF4 game because the EX focus cancel empties two stock of super. I just wish I had a good arcade stick at home so I can practice.

I have posted a Capcom-Unity blog about people who jack up the prices of arcade sticks on ebay. It got a comment from Sven the mod and stated that new shipments of Mad Catz FightSticks will be coming soon. At least somebody listened to me.

I found out that the WCG US team will be holding online qualifiers staring April. I really want to qualify for Virtua Fighter 5 but I still don't have the arcade stick I need. I hope I can find one decently made decently price stick by next month.

They have put up the bio's and audition videos for all the contestants in WCG Ultimate Gamer, including Prod1gy X and on of the newest VOA Mrs Violence. Prod1gy mentioned Empire Arcadia in his audition video. Good job in representing in the show and the show hadn't even started yet. I signed up at the Ultimate Gamer forum at SciFi.com hopefully more people will give the show the push it needs.

I went to Chinatown to play Street Fighter IV. I first started out with Ryu but then I gave Balrog a try. I hadn't really played with Balrog but I think I can do good with him. I think I will pick him up.

I have a few things I need to attend to this coming week so we'll see how those go.

- Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment